Monday, February 14, 2011

family a should care for their elders in their home setting or institutional setting?

keep in my mind about the elderly suffering from dementia, stroke or even Alzheimer's, what would you consider the best plan in the home or long-term care facility? In my opinion you need them in an institution. It sucks I know, I hated to see my grandparents in a house, but it's probably best for everyone. Especially if the person has dementia, Alzheimer's, etc. because they see in that state all the time can be an emotional burden for you. I suggest finding a good nursing home where she trained staff who take care of their needs physically and mentally. I also want a house near where you live. There is no "must". Each situation is different. In my case, my parents are still there, I could not take care of one of them as I have arthritis in both hands and could not do the daily care. Not everyone has the physical ability and mental stamina to care for their elderly parents at home or in their parents' home. There is nothing wrong with choosing a structure and a responsible member of his family, working in a nursing home for 2 years and have three daughters who all work for different people of 11 years. The sad part is that the resident who has no one comes to see or talk to them. The other option is to hire home care to parents in question may remain home.However, as someone who used to do this, have someone with stroke, dementia or Alzheimer's disease "to accept an alien to care for your home can be very difficult. There is no simple answer to this question. Having a plan in place is better than flying by the seat of the pants, but these decisions are never easy, regardless of how everything is planned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment