Saturday, February 26, 2011

How do I intervene and override my elder father for his health care decisions?

He had a large brain tumor removed four years ago and suffers from seizures. He wants to stay home, but can not climb the stairs to his bedroom and would not change down to his bedroom. He is incontinent. He has 24-hour help and says that the caretaker to tell me when a seizure or fall, and fall from time to time. He gets angry when I tell the doctor what happened. He is obsessed with one of his caretakers, and buys her expensive ($ 250) gifts. When he fell, she could not lift him up and told her not to tell me, and they do not. He must be an institution with trained professionals who can lift it up and know what to do when he has an attack. I have medical proxy if he can not make their decisions, but he will not give up their power to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment